Jumpstart Youth provides young people with the opportunity to create their own business product. A diverse range of mentors provide insights from their own experiences and are on-hand to provide practical support. With the support of sponsorship and donations, we are able to provide an unrivalled real-life experience of running a business without any financial risk for the participants.
How it works
- Relationships are developed between Jumpstart Youth and local partner organisations who work with or support young people.
- Groups of young people are selected by the link organisations to take part in a project.
- Each group is allocated a financial grant and collaboratively creates their business project based on their own preference. This might range from a cake sale to the production of mobile applications.
- Jumpstart Youth provides guidance to the groups about how to research, develop, market and sell their business product. In addition, mentors are allocated to each group.
- At the end of the project, the group reports back to Jumpstart Youth on how the project developed and whether a profit was generated. In addition, they include their personal reflections on the experience, lessons learnt and how they might take their new skills forward.
Profit share model
We prioritise positive outcomes for our participants over and above profit; but any profit generated by successful enterprises funded by Jump Start Youth will be reinvested for future projects.